Optimize and expand local action to build a healthy and resilient Lake Erie coastal ecosystem that supports the community’s economic, recreational, and spiritual needs.
The scope will include the Niagara Peninsula portion of the Lake Erie coast with acknowledgement that the area that influences this coast will likely originate outside this geography and may include the watersheds to the entire lake.
- Local stakeholder groups have a venue for collaboration in building a healthy and resilient Lake Erie coastal ecosystem
- The actions of Local Stakeholder Groups are mutually reinforcing towards building a healthy and resilient Lake Erie coastal ecosystem
- Local stakeholder groups have sufficient technical and scientific information to identify causes of impairment and take effective action
- Community members are aware of the importance of a healthy and resilient Lake Erie coastal ecosystem, potential threats, actions underway, and opportunities for involvement
- Activities of the local stakeholder groups are aligned with broad Lake Erie basin wide ecosystem management
The Collaborative members have come to agreement on three Ecological Priorities to guide our activities:
- Nature Based Shorelines
- Healthy Beaches
- Habitat and Species